The day before the exam, check your hardware. To make geometrical figures, you need at least two sharpened pencils, an eraser, a dual-decimeter, a square and a compass.
• The use of calculators is allowed on the day of the event. Take preferably a simple scientific calculator.Remember, however, that before making a calculation on a calculator, you better head to look an order of magnitude of the result.
• Place your watch on the table at the beginning of the test. You should spend about thirty-five minutes at each of the three parts of the suunto core military
and keep a small fifteen minutes to read it again.
• Remember that the first two years of the component parts of the test are independent; you can move to the next year if you block on one of them.
• Issues of the problem are related to each other. We must therefore read the statement to the end before starting to work. It is also necessary to address issues in order and carefully, so as to exploit as and when the results found.
• Look after the drafting and presentation of your copy. They account for about forty four points in the note. Insert each question with its reference number. Present the results with a phrase, enclose them eventually.
Tips for digital work
• Whenever you need to give the result of a calculation, make sure you do not ask in a precise form. Look particularly if the statement requires an exact value or an approximate value. If nothing is specified, you must give an exact value.
• If a question asks you to express a magnitude depending on x, you must write a literal expression containing the letter x. To determine this expression, consider the calculation you would if x was a number, and write this calculation by putting x instead of the number. Think simple as possible the literal expression obtained.
• When you need to make a graph, select the axes scale units to obtain a figure of suitable size (neither too small nor too large). To place a point or to read its coordinates on the chart, do not hesitate to draw parallels to the axes passing through this point.
Tips for geometric work
• When you process a geometry question, you often have interest in the draft a freehand face, this helps you to build full-scale figure. Remember to focus on your drawing the statement of the assumptions and the consequences that you can draw.
• Remember, a perspective representation, angles and lengths may be distorted compared to reality. Thus, a side face of a cube can be represented in the figure into perspective by a parallelogram, whereas it is in fact a square. However, in reality two parallel lines are always represented by two parallel lines.
• In a geometry problem, if you are asked to demonstrate something, you should not be content to write what you see in the figure: you have to justify it by applying a property or a theorem. Then make sure that the assumptions necessary for the implementation of the property are checked.